Google AdWords has announced the release of Affiliate Location ads. It is intended for producers who collaborate with retailing chains. The extension will help advertisers to direct more customers to the offline stores where their products are sold.
The way it works:
- a user looks for a product in Google;
- the ad shows the Affiliate Location extension;
- one sees the nearest store, which sells the company’s products (it gives the address and map location);
- mobile users will be able to get a map direction to the store;
- finally he/she goes to the store and buys the product.
In the upcoming weeks, the new extension will be launched for advertisers in the US. When it will be available in other countries is still a secret.